Women's studies seeks:
- to change women's sense of ourselves, our self-image, our sense of worth and rights, our presence in the world
- to change women's aspirations based on an increased sense of self-confidence and self-love, to allow women to create for ourselves new options in our own personal goals as well as in our commitments and/or contributions to society
- to alter the relations between women and men, to create true friendship and respect between the sexes in palce of "the war between the sexes"
- to give all people, women and men, a renewed sense of human worth, to restore to the center of human endeavors a love for beauty, kindness, justice, and quality in living
- to erase from the world all the representations of unwholesome, illegitimate power of one group over another: sexism, racism, heterosexism, classim, and so on
- to end the race toward the destruction of the planet
- to reaffirm in society the quest for harmony, peace and humane compassion